Monday 13 October 2008

My Weekend

Up to this point, my weekends have been evenly spaced breaks in the weak that have given me time to explore the area or at least rejuvenate for the upcoming week. This last weekend, however, was a major disappointment in almost all respects. The main reason that is was so disappointing was that I simply didn’t accomplish any of my goals for the weekend. There is the possibility, though, that I was setting myself up for disaster from the very beginning. After all, this was my weekend on duty, and I didn’t really need to put so much pressure on myself to accomplish so many things. Nevertheless I wanted this past weekend to be as productive as possible so that I could spend my next weekend either resting or exploring. Now then, for my weekend I had the following items on my to-do list: get a haircut, supervise BBQ and games from 5:30-8:00 on Thursday night, go on the school trip to Dibeen Forest on Friday morning, be on duty in the dorm from 8:00-12:00 on Friday night, chaperon the shopping trip into the city from 12:00-2:45, buy cooking supplies and ingredients, and bake a cobbler for my dorm before study hall at 8:00 on Saturday night. With only the King’s Academy faculty shuttle for transportation, my opportunities to get off campus were quite limited. This, in turn, added to the stress of the weekend.

No comments: