Saturday 20 September 2008

Wadi Mujib

Wadi Mujib is a Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature site that is located one hour south of King's Academy. The nature reserve features canyons, fresh water rivers, beautifully sandstone formations, and endangered natural flora and wild life, including this native mountain goat animal called an Ibex. I've been wanting to go to Wadi Mujib for the longest time now because it was close, outdoors, and simple. I was thinking of going either during Eid Al Fitr or on some weekend in October because most of the trails require guides, who do not work during Ramadan. But then this weekend the school announced that it was taking a weekend trip to Wadi Mujib to lead an expedition on the one trail that is self-guided. I signed up that very day. The trip was yesterday and, while it wasn't the kind of trail I think I was looking for, it was still absolutely amazing! It's really hard to describe so, if my descriptions don't capture the spirit of the place, one can always google image the place. The trail we "hiked" was a fresh water river canyon trail. You know I really just can't describe it so I'm going to have to ask you just to google image the place. The pictures you'll see there will give you a very accurate idea of what we did. You'll just have to imagine the trails looking just as awesome but a little easier since this was a self-guided tour. But, as I said before, it was awesome!!

No comments: