Thursday 4 September 2008

First Weekend with the Students

Well, at the moment nothing much has changed. The students are all settled and the year is off to a good start. I've only been here 2 ½ weeks but already it feels like a month. My library "internship" isn't all that fulfilling at the moment so I'm trying to find some work with another department. On top of that, our Arabic and Arab Civilizations classes haven't started yet, although we hear that they'll start next week. I'm not even sure if I'll enjoy or even benefit from these classes, but I just wish they would start. This weekend is the school's first normal weekend and also my first weekend on duty. Tonight I'm checking in students for curfew at 10:00 and tomorrow I'm co-supervising two trips: one to Mecca Mall in Amman and another to a bowling alley in Amman (Bowling in Jordan?).

No comments: